Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cup: The Intimate Object VII

A cup is the most intimate piece of pottery we use. Cradled in our hands, held by our fingers using a handle, there are so many ways people hold a drinking vessel. And then of course we raise it to our lips to take nourishment and comfort from the beverage.

Here are some delightful pieces on Charlie Cummings Gallery that illustrate the variety of mugs/ cups/ tumblers made as well as the imagination and skills of makers.

This mug by Sarah Jaeger is a favourite and I would love to add it to my collection. The graceful form begs to be held. I really like the colours and the decoration. This mug has a lot of happiness in it.  I so enjoy drinking from handmade pots. It's like a visit with another potter.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I purchased this mug. :-)