Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Potter from the Medalta Residency

Gillian McMillan, a potter from Port Moody, British Columbia, was at the Medalta residency as well.  Check out her recent post on her blog as well as previous ones  http://www.gillianmcmillan.com/blog/


Gill is a skilled thrower who enjoys assembling birds and other vessels from thrown pieces.  Typically working with earthenware and coloured slips, she successfully explored salt firing at during her residency.

Gill's homage to the beehive kilns.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Theresa...I am so happy to see some posts on your blog! :) I check every once in a while to see if you are still alive and well in Saskatchewan!.;)..
Glad you had such a fine time at Medalta. I must do that some day..soon. ;)..
Keep posting!
Cheers. Trish

Gillian said...

I am honoured that you wrote such kind words about my work at Medalta, Teresa. Nice photos too!
Am trying to figure out how I can get back to MH again next year, at least for a few days, to enjoy the lovely salt.. Hope the rest of your summer has gone well. Gillian