Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wood Fired Pots in Wildwood


Christian Barr and Enzien Kufeld are woodfirers living near Wildwood, Alberta. I first met them at Fred Olsen's kiln building workshop in 1998. Since then, they have lived their passion, building kilns and firing often. They have travelled and worked with some of the best, including Jack Troy.

They are having a sale Sept. 26 - Oct. 4th at their beautiful place located approximately 115 km west of Edmonton on hwy 16 (9 km west of Wildwood), turn south on RR102, 250 metres. GST will be covered by them.



I love their work and a road trip at this lovely time of year seems in order. I just broke a mug yesterday...time to get another. Winter is coming and these would be great vessels to sit, drink something warm and contemplate with.

And for scotch drinkers...


I have a feeling one of these offering bowls will find its way home with me.


All this and much more at Urban Forest Design/Wildwood Pottery.

1 comment:

Linda Starr said...

Beautiful work and a beautiful spot. I like your goblets below too.