Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Goblets


The first time I made goblets they turned out rather poorly -- and the glaze even crawled. Thought I'd give up until I adopted a fun approach goblet making. Pictured above are two "rattle goblets". Small balls of clay rolled in cornstarch are inserted into the stems before joining the bowl; a bit of cornstarch is funneled into the stem to prevent them from sticking together. Now hundreds of goblets later (and a few blown up in the bisque) I'm refining the design, using different glazes and enjoying myself. Cheers!


1 comment:

kmg said...

I just love these goblets! What a wonderful way to demonstrate that sometimes "going with the flow" produces something truly exceptional.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind comment about my glaze fire explanation.
Krystal
http://kmgstudio.blogspot.com