Tuesday, June 24, 2008

learning with the labyrinth



Over the past months I've made a lot of labyrinths -- and a lot of them cracked or had other problems. This has been much more labour intensive than I imagined it would be. There were many technical challenges and I decided to leave it for now. All the labyrinths that survived intact have been spoken for. There a quite a few with small cracks that could be painted or covered with handmade paper. One or more could be yours for postage and handling.



This venture hasn't been a "success" but I did enjoy the adventure. I was looking forward to be of service and providing finger labyrinths. I really enjoyed the process and would like to do it all again, but without the setbacks. I will give it another go when the time is right.

There is a lot of info on the www on labyrinths. Here's a link to download a finger labyrinth:
http://www.sharehope.org/labyrinth-finger.htm

Here are a couple of images of a labyrinth surrounded by "soul stones" and others standing vertically along with some teapots ready to be bisqued. They were fired to about 1000 degrees Celsius to ready them to be glazed and fired again.

all good things,
Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The labyrinths are beautiful. I just wanted to touch them and run my finger . . . Hope you decide to get back to them one day. They are just the size and shape I have been struggling with also - cracking and splitting. Thanks for the advice and commiseration.